2009년 8월 30일 일요일

Clue 2





Stories should be structured for many reasons. However I thought the biggest reason that stories should be structured because of the fluency of the story. The first step of getting a good story is to have a good fluency of story and structuring the story will be the key of good fluency. When you write a story by yourself structuring your story will help you write your story fluently. For an exemplar, your writing ‘Three little pigs ‘(if it hasn’t published), and you have all this pieces of stories that you’re planning to write. If you put the part about wolf blowing the third pig at the very beginning you wouldn’t understand why the wolf blew the brick house, right? This is when you need the structuring diagram, or called plot diagram, like the upper one. You put all your piece of stories in the diagram and read it. If it is flounce then you write it properly, and if not, change the part you think you got it wrong. This way you can fix your story much easily and accurately.

I don’t know the difference between before and after. When I first read ‘Marigold’, I had already looked at the diagram and figured the story out by looking at the plot diagram. The reason was that my tutor, who I had studied with him, threw out all vacation and still working with, had thought me about this and always made me look at the plot diagram before I read any story. However, when I think about it I would have all the difficulty I had while reading a story. I couldn’t get what they were saying about in the first part, where Lizabeth talks about here home town and what memories she had with marigold. In addition I could had ignored the part when Lizabeth’s father cries, which is the reason that she destroyed the marigolds in Miss. Lottie’s garden. But also looking at plot diagram, it helps you cut the stories and understand the part then go to the next part and the next part. It helped me summarize the story faster and much clearer.

“Miss Lottie died long ago … For one does not have to be ignorant and poor to find that one’s life is barren as the dusty yards of one’s town.” –Part of ‘Marigold-

I think this part that tells us about what the theme is. Themes or metaphors they normally come out briefly in the very beginning and get out clearly at the end. The reason is simple. Think about it. Your reading a story and the theme or the main idea comes out in the middle of it you wouldn’t be able to label the idea. On the other hand, if you have it at the very front you would be able to label it but you will feel like your spoiled or kind of feeling. However if you don’t now the main idea a little bit, you would feel the opposite so you wouldn’t be able to get in to the story and try to find out the topic.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기